1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Past recommendation

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by griffinspc, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. griffinspc

griffinspc Thread Starter

Windriver Expert v1.7
    Awhile back I recomended this app listed at CNET downloads as "FREE" right here. Once I downloded and used it I thought it was a nice tool. Nowhere did it mention that it was shareware. Not at CNET's site nor in the ini or readme file. No splash screen saying, "Try out", nothing.

I made changes to my system yesterday so thought I'd do a new driver backup. All I get now is an expiration notice. I can't track down the registry entries for it so uninstalling/reinstalling was no help. Obviously my secure backup is useless.

The company lied, it is not free and at a requested $29.00 overpriced by far. I don't mind shareware, everyone's entitled to make a profit on their work but deceit is not cool. My advice, never buy anything from Hunter Soft.

I'm sorry for even recommending it.

Griff

2. bellgamin

bellgamin

Thanks for the info, griffin. I tried to run it again & had same results as you.

It's history. I got rid of that sneakyware very fast. Thank goodness I monitor ALL installs with Total Uninstall, which is free, no strings, no tricks.

If you run across a program that does what windriver did, let everyone know. It's a good idea -- I might even pay for something like it, but NEVER to an outfit that practices trickery like hunter soft did.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116987

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice