1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pasting clip art in e mail ??

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by J.M.R., Dec 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. J.M.R.

J.M.R. Thread Starter

I have used Netscape 4.7 as my Browser in the past. My wife loves to paste clip art in her e mail to friends. After installing Netscape 6 (actually 6.2) I find that I can no longer paste clip art. Microsoft Outlook Express will not allow pasting of clip art either. I have resorted to using Netscape version 4.7 so my wife can paste clip art in her letters!!! My QUESTION is , am I doing something wrong or do the latest versions of the browsers not allow any way to simply 'copy' and 'paste' clip art in their e mail ??? If so I wonder WHY , when they seem more versatile in every other way. Thanks J.M.R. :confused:

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Which version of Outlook Express do you have?

Savvy :)

3. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

In Outlook, you must first enter something in the body of the email or at least click on it. Then go to insert>picture>browse to where it is and add it. I sometimes also click on format>background>picture>and when you select the one you want, it will create an entire background made up of many of the smaller picture. Then type your message over it.

Let me know.

4. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Got this pm;
    So I assume the problem is resolved? If so, great.

And welcome to TSG. :)

5. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Im confused ... sorry

6. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

PM from JMR says :
    I don't use Netscape messenger so I can't tell you. Im sorry.

Perhaps someone else here can help you JMR

7. hewee

hewee

8. qcity

qcity

I too have messenger 6.2 & received an email from their tech support today about problems with copy & paste .Their answer was it was a known issue in some systems & would be fixed in future releases.I'm running 98se & can't use it.

9. hewee

hewee

qcity,

Like I said the email is nothing but trouble in the 6.x versions.

You could get 4.79 and use that browser for email.

10. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

I must admit that just copy paste is easier, but inserting a picture is the same. Wherever your cursor is in the mail, thats where the piture will be. Same end result.

11. qcity

qcity

I'm using a hotmail account when I need to copy & paste.A bit of a pain but it works & same results.... God bless.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61954

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice