1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pasting Excel 2007 charts into Word 2007 so they will automatically update

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by LovelyRita, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LovelyRita

LovelyRita Thread Starter

My employer just upgraded to Microsoft Office 2007. According to the help files, I should be able to paste Excel charts into Word that update automatically when changes are made to either version.

I am clicking "Link to Excel data" and "Keep source formatting" when using the little popup clipboard to paste a chart into Word. But after closing both files, opening Excel and updating data on the chart, saving and closing Excel and re-opening Word, the chart is not updating with the new information. I can't get it to update by clicking on "refresh data" either.

Does anyone know how this is supposed to work? I was looking forward to being able to update just the Excel file and having it update in all the Word documents where it is pasted.

Our OS is Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, Service Pack 2. My work computer has a Pentium 4, 3 GHz processor and 2 GB of RAM.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/599401

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice