1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pasting into Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Bus1105ter, Dec 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bus1105ter

Bus1105ter Thread Starter

I can not paste into Outlook Express 6. I use Windows 98. The text item does appear on the clipboard viewer, but won't paste into the body of an out going e-mail. I don't want to send as an attachment. I can paste into WordPerfect or Word Pad, but not into my e-mail. It seems that it used to work, but now it doesn't. Got any clues?

2. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Is it just text that you are trying to paste?

3. Bus1105ter

Yes, It is just text. I use WordPerfect 9. Like I said, I can paste into another WordPerfect document or into Word Pad, the only 2 word processors that I have, it won't paste in to the body of an e-mail, even though I can see it sitting on the clip board viewer. Thanks for any help.

4. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Not real familiar with the Word stuff. When you go to paste it, do you have the option to paste or is it faded out? I dont have Word Perfect so I am running blind here.

This may not help, but I did have a problem copying and pasting from Word to OE once. It seems that in my case, the black text from word was showing up as white text in OE. So it was actually working, but I just couldnt tell. Sounds lame doesnt it?

5. Bus1105ter

No, the the paste button is not faded out. It will not paste if I use the paste icon button in the tool bar nor will it paste if I use the paste command from the drop down edit menu(neither are faded out). Your white text is a possibility. When I do hit the paste button, you can hear the computer working for a second or 2 just like it's pasting, but nothing shows up.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63261

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice