1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pasting pics in the body of the email using Yahoo mail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bugga, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bugga

bugga Thread Starter

The thread expired on this but I need to get some kind of answer. I am using Win 7 and ATT Yahoo email. I can't paste pics from my computer into the body of the email. Is there a way to do this without buying upgrades or applications? If there are free applications I can deal with that but it's so frustrating to get emails from friends with dozens of pics in the body of the email and I can't paste one.

Thanks.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

You can't paste pictures from your hard drive into Yahoo! Mail. They won't stick.

You need to use a free image hosting site to do this:

ImageShack

Photobucket

Once you've uploaded your pictures there, you can then copy and paste them into Yahoo! Mail.

3. bugga

bugga Thread Starter

Okay thanks. So there is no workaround or application that will enable me to paste into the body of the email using Yahoo? Is there a reason that most other email services let you do that but not Yahoo?
    I'm curious why that option isn't allowed.

Thanks again.

4. Phantom010

Webmail usually do not give you that option. You can do it with an email client like Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail...

However, I think it can be done with Gmail.

5. bugga

bugga Thread Starter

Okay, thank you very much.

6. Phantom010

You're welcome!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!