1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pasword Protecting Your Folder In your Email?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Minhaz, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Minhaz

Minhaz Thread Starter

Hi. I in my email I have some folders. Is there any way I can Lock them and if anybody even gets into my account they will be asked for another password to get into my folders (in my email). Is there any email servie provider has such service?

Like in my LG phone I can lock some folders and can only be opened with me inputting password.

Thank you.

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

I do not know the answer to your question. :unsure:
    The best line of defense is a strong password to your email account and maybe changing that password every six month or so.

3. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

I do not know of any actual email provider that offers such a facility

Outlook offers something along the lines of what you want
    https://proprivacy.com/guides/can-you-keep-microsoft-outlook-secure

on the link scroll to

Secure your folders
    Password protecting individual folders is an excellent way to stop anyone accessing your private data. This can be crucial in a busy office where people are free to walk around desks unnoticed. To set up a password for your personal folders:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice