1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

patch from system restore ????

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by surfnet, Dec 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surfnet

surfnet Thread Starter

Hi,

I've windows me.
    I put the patch from microsoft homepage on
    the system restore and it was ok. Next day, I clicked on the performce and then clicked on
    the troubleshooting where I saw that it's disable system restore again. I reinstalled the
    patch on it but next time, I've the ssame situation again since I saw that it's disable system restore again. What can I do?

2. Dan O

Dan O

I would manually disable it, reboot, and re-enable it.

To disable System Restore:

1. Right-click My Computer , and then click Properties .

2. On the Performance tab, click File System , or press ALT+F.

3. On the Troubleshooting tab, click to select the Disable System Restore check box.

4. Click OK twice, and then click Yes when you are prompted to restart the computer.

To re-enable System Restore, repeat steps 1-3, but in step 3, click to clear the Disable System Restore check box.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63286

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice