Patch tuesday problem?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Writenow

My system got its monthly update - without me watching it this time - and now one of my applications, WordPerfect won't open. I don't think the problem is with the application, because it was working fine early this a.m.

Can you tell me how to UNDO today's patch?

Thanks.

Also, anyone else having problems after the patch?

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You can remove the updates by Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs, tick the 'Show Updates' box at the top if it's not already ticked then when the list appears scroll down and find the updates with today's date. They could be listed under 'Microsoft ...' or 'Windows ...'

Remove them one at a time by clicking on an update and then on the Remove button and then reboot and check if WordPerfect works now.

This may take some time but you should be able to find which update caused the problem. You could then re-install any other updates you removed.

DoubleHelix

Banned
Is this on your Windows XP SP2 computer? If so, I don't think you get any automatic updates without having SP3 installed. If you're going to run an old operating system, you need to keep it patched. Not running SP3 puts your system at serious risk.

Writenow

Is this on your Windows XP SP2 computer? If so, I don't think you get any automatic updates without having SP3 installed. If you're going to run an old operating system, you need to keep it patched. Not running SP3 puts your system at serious risk.
No. XP SP3.

Writenow

You can remove the updates by Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs, tick the 'Show Updates' box at the top if it's not already ticked then when the list appears scroll down and find the updates with today's date. They could be listed under 'Microsoft ...' or 'Windows ...'

Remove them one at a time by clicking on an update and then on the Remove button and then reboot and check if WordPerfect works now.

This may take some time but you should be able to find which update caused the problem. You could then re-install any other updates you removed.
Thanks. I'll start that right now.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Writenow:

Click My Account - Edit Your Details, then update your computer information with the current specs so we don't assume that it still has the specs that you have listed.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online