Patch Tuesday problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

inetbogey

hi Guys,
i wanted to install the latest round of updates from MS and an luck would have it the power company changed feeders and flipped power. the install failed. now when i go to the update site it says i need the update, but when i install it says that a file in the .net frame work failed.
it does not show up in add and remove programs. i can not uninstall. tried the "go back" trick
did not work. the OS is XP pro with SP2. I tried to search the MS site but had no luck. (maybe not the right search words). Any thoughts?

thanks.
inetbogey.

inetbogey

i am at work, and as soon as i get home, will let you know if this works.
thanks again.
inetbogey.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online