pavilion PC model xe736 CPU Upgrade

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mckraft

I pretty sure I'm spinning my wheels on this one, a year or so ago I got a deal on a pavilion model xe736, 600 Celeron with an intel chipset. Despite my dislike for intergrated systems , it was a deal I couldn.t pass up.
Celeron Chips have dropped a lot in price and I'm considerating putting in a 900 Celeron, I'm pretty sure I can upgrade it to a celeron 733, but thats not enough to warrent the cost. Can I upgrade to the 900, & if so what di I need to do.

thanks in advance for looking into it

MC Kraft

mckraft

Thanks for the site, I'll give it a try. HP had a bios upgrade dated 4/01, HP isn't rally clear on what it does CPU wise. The board is a Cognac as best as I can tell. It has a few (very few) unmarked jumps, Boy I hate OEM boards. I'll give the site a shot, but I won't expect much, maybe one of these days I'll fall into a Celeron 733, I wonder if this board would accept a pentium III?

Thanks again,

MC Kraft

Can someone answer the last part of the thread?

Celeron 600 and 633 run at 66 and Pentium 3 runs at the least of 100/133. Is that compatible at all?

It would be nice to know.

Thanks
EQ

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online