1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PBR2 .. DONE error while doing Factory Restore

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by nagma, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nagma

nagma Thread Starter

Friends,

Here is history of my PC - INSPIRON E1405 WIndows XP with Media Direct. I planned to go for system restore using restore point on 4/6/10 and I was shocked to see only one restore point that also of same date -4/6/10. I was not able to see any other restore point. I did restore with that point. After that I tried to go for Factory Default Restore using CTR +F11 key option at the time of reboot. At first I got XLDR ATA error and so I was not able to do factory restore but I was able to do all normal work. I read some forums and I did CHKDSK to check file system on all drives -C/D and F according to someone's suggestion. After this I again tried to go for Factory Restore using CTL +F11 and XLDR ATA error was fixed but now I got PBR2 DONE error and was not able to do factory restore. I was still able to login to my system and do normal work this time also.
    Now I took backup of C Drive and system state using default tool in start --all program -accessories - system tools - backup tool on external HDD. I again restored backup copy of C drive from external HDD to system and still I am not able to do factory restore.

I am not worried about data or software as I have multiple copies of it on different PC and external HDD.
    I am able to login to system and work in normal mode except some functionality are giving error.
    Please help me to go for factory restore.

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

The Dell restore feature is a difficult one to solve, it is a complex feature and is very hard to repair, not for the non geek.

http://www.goodells.net/dellrestore/

That is not a very good backup tool, it is known to fail when it comes time to restore from it.

You are better off using something like this

http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!