Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

pc always hangs on closing down

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  hedley 
#1 ·
Hi, For the last week or so when closing my computer down it hangs on saving your settings. You can hear the 'tower' closing down, but the screen doesn't disappear and the pc won't close down. I have to do it at the tower. I have run spywareblaster, avgspyware, avgantivirus, housecall x2 and spybot. Nothing shows up except the odd tracking cookie, which I delete, but the problem still continues. Would I have a virus or anything else that these can't find. Is there anything else I can try.
Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered.

#3 ·
Hi, thanks for the reply. I read the articles you suggested and tried the remedy under 'hangs on saving your settings', where you have to change personal settings etc in windows update to get the patch for this problem, although it says it was fixed in sp2 which I have. On going to windows update it automatically changes to microsoft update, but I cannot find 'change personal settings' on either page, just 'change settings' which only allows you to change the language. Have you any ideas on this? Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.