1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC and Laptop Infected

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Cheshiresport, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheshiresport

Cheshiresport Thread Starter

Hi guys,

Im a newbie on here and ive got a PC and a work laptop that are both infected with the same virus. The virus is virtumonde.

Ive run a full system scan using the norton antivirus on my laptop and currently is showing no viruses etc but i am getting popups when i go on the internet all the time which i didnt get before so i presume the laptop is still infected.

The PC is a whole different kettle of fish though. I had exactly the ame problem as the laptop but i deided to do a clean install of XP on the pc. I was transferring a few files i didnt wat to lose onto the laptop when all the desktop icons dissapeared, so i re booted the pc and again none of the icons showed up so i re booted again then the screen only showed for a couple of seconds then just went black. I tried the cable into the back of the pc tower and unplugged it and plugged it back in, the screen showed again but only for a couple of seconds and it keeps doing this.

The laptop is a works one so i obviously wan this sorting, but my main worry is the PC as i cant even see whats going on with it because of te issue with the screen.

Please help.:confused:

2. Cheshiresport

Ive downloaded Hijack This onto the laptop but when i do the scan and try to save the log i dont know where it saves to.

Ive saved the hijack this program into a folder on my desktop.

3. Cheshiresport

Can no one help please?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698362

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice