PC Anywhere for ADSL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RPhox

Back in the old days of dial-up connections, I used PC Anywhere to help my father-in-law sort out problems he had with his pc (he lives over 2 hours away). Recently I hooked him up to ADSL which has increased his problems as now he gets to a lot more sites. My question is:

Is there an app that will let me access his pc even though we both have ADSL connections, and he is still running '98 while I'm on XP Pro?

Thanks,
RPhox

etaf

Wayne
pcanywhere - or netmeeting which is free and on the PC

etaf

Wayne
so 1st
run netmeeting - if its not under any of the programs in start - then use windows explorer and you will find in
program files>netmeeting>conf.exe

once you have filled in the details when you first run it.

if you both have netmeeting running
one of you goto Help - about netmeeting
and you will see an IP address.
the other person types that IP address into the call window and calls

the 1st person answers the call
now you are connected

if your father now goes to share
shares hes desktop and allows contro

you now have access to his PC

UltraVNC or any flavor of VNC will also do the remote access job.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online