PC Automatically Rebooting

urlocalcorpse

Hey,

First time using this site as I am in dire need of information or just general help.

My computer has been restarting by itself on random occasions, specifically 3 times in the past 24 hours and 7 times in the past week.

I don't know what the issue is, and I need to find a way to diagnose the issue or fix it. I'm new to custom PC's and am scared to take it apart and find the issue internally.

Please help, looking forward to some of your responses.

Thanks,
Corpse

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hi Corpse, and welcome to TSG.

I'm new to custom PC's
Please give a detailed parts list for all the major components in your custom PC.

Has this been going on since the computer was first built or did it work fine for quite a bit time before the problem started?

Are your BIOS settings configured to automatically power up after a shut down due to a power outage? If so, are you sure your AC mains have been OK when the reboot occurs? Are you running off a UPS?

Is this happening while you are actively using the computer? If so, does it happen when you are running a particular program?

Assuming you are running MS-Windows, upon the reboot are you getting any warning message that Windows did not shut down properly the last time? Exactly what version of Windows are you running?

urlocalcorpse

RAM: 8GB DDR4
PSU: CORSAIR VS650W
GPU: GEFORCE GTX 1060 6GB
CPU: RYZEN 5 1600
HDD: SEAGATE 1TB
SSD: SAMSUNG 250GB

the computer started this issue 3 days ago. Within 3 days its occurred 12 times now.

The pc is approximately 1.5 years old.

I'm not sure about the BIOS, it's default settings.

I've monitored heat and its not the issue unless my pay is overheating cause cant monitor.

Issue seems to occur randomly but more rapidly when playing games.

Not getting any messages upon reboot, running Windows 10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online