1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC automatically restarts

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Spector4, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spector4

Spector4 Banned Thread Starter

For some reason, my PC automatically restarts when I tell it to shutdown. I am running Windows XP and have gone through everything I know to look through, but can't find the actual boot commands for my PC to see if it's set to automatically restart

A friend told me to scan my machine in www.mypccenter.com and send him the report; the result can be seen in this link

http://www.mypccenter.com/onepagereport.asp?ID=F9678B8C1313C00445798F

He couldn't find the reason, anybody please help, I am lost.

2. CHR15B

CHR15B

This could be many things.

In my experience its mostly down to a corrupt USB driver, finding that driver can be a real pain... have you added any hardware recently, or installed any software?

To stop it from automatically restarting, right click "My Computer" and select "Properties".
    Click the "Advanced" tab then the "Settings" button under "Startup and Recovery".
    Untick "Automatically restart" and reboot, you should then be shown with an error message.

Jot down the error message and post that up, we can take it from there.

3. Spector4

Spector4 Banned Thread Starter

Thanks - i will try it now...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486176

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice