1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pc beeping and screeching noise in headset

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jiaife, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jiaife

Jiaife Thread Starter

Hi guys,

I bought my computer this summer, and it has always beeped randomly. I don't get any freezes, slow downs or anything. It just beeps randomly, and then it does it again like 5 minutes later. I thought it might be a RAM problem, but one of my sticks went bad about two days ago, I tested every single one of them and the beeping is still there.

Also, every single time I open a game, there is going to be some screeching in my headset. It happens ONLY when I open a game, and some games are worse than others. Even if I mute my sound it stays.

Can anyone help me solve this ? Thanks :)

2. Megabite

Megabite

Howdy,

Is the sound ..beep coming from the mother board or the speakers?

3. Jiaife

Jiaife Thread Starter

The motherboard.

4. Megabite

Megabite

Understood....

Some more specs on the PC would help. Graphics card plug-in or on-board etc.

And is it just One beep?

5. Jiaife

Jiaife Thread Starter

Yes, it is one beep. It sometimes sounds like there are two beeps at the same time, I can't really try to record it because it really happens randomly, sometimes I don't hear it for hours.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 12249 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 122001 MB, Free - 38719 MB; D: Total - 953866 MB, Free - 449192 MB;
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., G1.Sniper M3
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Here's info from the forum's program.

6. Megabite

Megabite

You can check in Bios to see if there is a setting on the MB for say alerts you at certain temperatures. Also if you haven't already update the sound and Video card drivers.

There is most likely a temp reading in Bios but you can try this free one as it is easier just to see what the temps are.

Try this

Download and install hwmonitor
    and see what the temps etc are. Download the 1.21 setup, english on the right-hand side.

7. Jiaife

Jiaife Thread Starter

Alright, I'll try Hwmonitor.

I use the Catalyst Control Center for my video drivers, and the sound drivers are supposedly up to date. However, it seems like the center sound channel doesn't work. I'll post again with the info from Hwmonitor once I've downloaded it.

8. Jiaife

Jiaife Thread Starter

9. Megabite

Megabite

Try just taking a screen shot of the results copy in Paint and save a Jpeg.

Then in your post go

Go Advanced in your post then Manage Attachments Browse and upload in your next post.

10. Jiaife

Jiaife Thread Starter

There you go

Attached Files:

11. Megabite

Megabite

Looks Ok

12. Jiaife

Jiaife Thread Starter

Just checked the BIOS, the features for all alerts were already disabled.

13. Megabite

Megabite

It still can be the memory or maybe the MB where the memory plugs in but hard to say. It also could be cable to the Hard drive. Has anything else happened that might point us in the right direction. Has the time on your PC ever changed?

14. Jiaife

Jiaife Thread Starter

No, never had a problem with the time. The only problem I've ever had with my pc was when the ram stick went bad two days ago, and before that when I bought my SSD the computer completely crashed because of a driver. Had to reformat, but that's all I can think of that has happened in the last 6 months.

15. Megabite

Megabite

Understood.. As a test do you have any other Video card you can try or even use the onboard video if it has any. Process of elimination

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1081884

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice