1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC Beeps back at Me

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Sunkist, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunkist

Sunkist Thread Starter

I have a Pen ll 400mhz, 8mb video, 80GB hd,

When I first start the pc it will work for a few minutes then it shuts down (black screen) then I start it back up it beeps at me, 1 long 2 short beeps.
    I turn it off, restart the pc 3-4 more times before it will stop beeping at me and boot up. this time it was working ok then I tried to get online, it started all over again.

This last time when I finally got it started up, I waited about 30 minutes before I turned the cable modem on to get online so far it is working, but at anytime I know it will shut down.
    When this nice pc :eek: (that I am about to throw out the window) does it's thing I can be online or not.
    I am thinking it could be the video card or mb, it sure acts like a short somewhere.
    I ran Spybot, Adaware and Norton Virus, found nothing
    I did a deep scan, Defrag and had Norton check for problems with system and hardware found nothing.

Thank You very much for taking time to read this

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

1 long 2 short beeps indicates a Video Card Failure.

Remove and reseat the card to eliminate any connector issues.

3. Sunkist

Sunkist Thread Starter

I have removed and reseated the video card several different times.
    Now what the pc is doing: freezes up then I have to shut down.
    I guess the best thing to do is buy a new video card.
    Thank You so much for your help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223365

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice