1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC being weird, then System Service Exception BSOD

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by littlegrape24, Feb 19, 2019.

1. littlegrape24

littlegrape24 Thread Starter

So, a week or so ago I got a system service exception BSOD while working on a excel document. It restarted then booted normally and continued normally so I thought nothing of it. WhoCrashed showed some kernel crashes so I thought ehh, one time thing.

However today whole doing homework windows 10 happily informed me that firewall was off. Huh. Weird, I never disabled it because it was my only antivirus. I went to re-enable it but it told me it couldn't, error 0x80070433. Then it gave me a windows file explorer error - 214 something, I don't remember. Then I tried to enter my settings and they were all frozen and I couldn't select anything. I then restarted but accidentally pressed install update...and it gave me a system service exception and didn't restart by itself. I restarted and it boots normally and functions fine except for those errors, and I can't do the windows update.

I can get into safe mode and I can get into getting there. I ran the windows update troubleshooter and it told me it needed to fix the windows update components. The fix Microsoft gave me for that looks very complex and I am a total noob with cmd so I'm reluctant to try it, plus the other errors suggest to me windows corruption.

It won't let me go back to a previous version in recovery and my system image is pretty old (ack, didn't backup recently) so I'm reluctant to use that. So... What do people suggest I do?

2. littlegrape24

littlegrape24 Thread Starter

I've had to use system image restore. Sigh.

3. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Unfortunately, now you have had to use the system image restore, there is absolutely no chance of establishing what the problem was

What was the Firewall and AV in use
    When you say you had not disabled the Firewall as it was your only AV
    the Firewall is not the same as the Anti-Virus
    Basically an AV protects the File System whilst a Firewall protects the system at Network level -

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223310

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice