PC Bluetooth & LG headset

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jamesx121

I'm not sure if this thread goes here or in Windows 7 section----

I have a LG bluetooth headset--works with my Galaxy S5 just fine----
I'm trying to listen to my music & Youtube on my computer with it----
my P8Z68 V Pro motherboard has BT-GO
but won't recognize my headset thru the ASUS suite2---
but
Windows 7 (64bit) will.
Windows 7 detects & pairs with the LG headset no problem at all
when I go to Control Panel // add Hardware page---the LG is shown.
when I go to the paired page it shows my computer & the LG headset with the Bluetooth symbol
between them no problem------
here is my problem
the signal strength meter only shows 1 bar, if I lean right up next to my tower it will go to 2 bars
& I can just barely hear the sound in my headset.
if I go to Device Manager there are 2 yellow symbols under ""other devices"""
but no yellow up at the top under ASUS bluetooth.
the driver listed for the ASUS bluethooth is ""Atheros Corperation"" 7.2.0.65
do I need to download the latest driver from Broadcom for the yellow symbol under other devices ??
if I download Microsoft Mobile Center software will this help me even though I can just barely hear the sound in my headset ???? they do pair.
like on Youtube do I need to pull off the plastic cover off the bluetooth I/O port
why does my Galaxy S5 show full bars (paired to the computer )
& the LG show only 1 bar (paired to the computer--
Help
James
P.S. LG doesn't supply any drivers for headsets // I asked LG

Attachments

jamesx121

Apparently the range is short.
https://vip.asus.com/forum/view.asp...id=1&model=P8Z68-V+PRO&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

There is a youtube video supposedly showing you how to increase the range. I found it puzzling. There is no dialog nor onscreen captions. The guy has a tape measure and a Samsung phone. I have no idea what he is doing.

Your best bet would be to disable the weak onboard bluetooth and buy a USB bluetooth dongle.
yea--I think he is one of them who pulls the plastic cover off the I/O bluetooth port & clips a copper wire to the
tip that is inside the I/O port--
to create some kinda antenna--
I don't want to fry my board just to have head phones with bluetooth---
James

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online