PC Boot Issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TheRedFlannel

(I hope that this is the right section to post this in)

Hello first poster here,

Recently, I've been having issues with my gaming PC. Sometimes after putting it to sleep, the PC will not turn on, no fans, no lights, almost like it's dead. The only way to fix the issue is to reach around the back and flip the power supply off and on again (which I hate doing). I'd like to also mention that this PC was built by me about 2 years ago in October 2017 with all brand new store-bought parts. I only use this machine for school work and gaming. I practice safe browsing, I don't download anything questionable, and I treat my computer with love and respect. I'm not sure what could be causing the issue at this point. Also, today was the worst boot issue of all. It started out not booting as previously mentioned and I reached behind and toggled the power switch on and off only to get a black screen stating that the BIOS settings were reset to default settings. I had to go back into the BIOS and reconfigure my fan settings and enable XMP for my ram. I'm worried a part may be failing slowly. Thanks for any advice. My specs are posted below

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20191125215758.000000-420
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 32 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Hard Drives: C: 222 GB (134 GB Free); D: 931 GB (315 GB Free); E: 931 GB (602 GB Free);
Motherboard: MSI Z270 GAMING M5 (MS-7A78), ver 1.0, s/n H216095151
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x 80 Plus Gold
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n Default string
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Last edited:

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Please post the make and full model of your Power Supply.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I would have suspected the PSU but that Corsair is very good quality.

Having said that if you can try a different PSU as a test, you can probably leave it outside the case and just swap all the power leads over.

TheRedFlannel

I would have suspected the PSU but that Corsair is very good quality.

Having said that if you can try a different PSU as a test, you can probably leave it outside the case and just swap all the power leads over.
Yeah I just took my pc and dusted the heck out of it (even though it wasnt even bad because I dust it often) and sprayed compressed air through the PSU just in case some dust was shorting it out in away to give it the on signal. Im kinda thinking it might be the MOBO. I just dont understand why the cmos would reset without ME doing it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online