PC booting but Monitors says it isnt

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rickf28

i have emachine W2785. When i turn on computer nothing shows on the screen, monitor says that it is working properly and that i need to check connections and PC. I did that and all looked good. The monitor light is green and so is computer. I then hooked up to another monitor at different location and same thing happened. I then changed cmos battery and still the same thing. I then put a video card in it and that did not work either. I have the computer back to it original state now because none of that worked. When i turn the power button on the light turns green and fans start spinning. I hear no noises such as beeps, grinding, ect. The fans spin for few seconds then they stop. Monitor and computer both have green lights and the monitor post a message that it is working fine and to check pc and connections..Note i can not get to safe mode or anywhere else for that matter..Thank you in advance...Rick

Can you open it up and see if the motherboard have a light on it, does that come on when you power on the machine?

rickf28

i dont see any light on. I looked for a light and cant find one anywhere. I dont think it has one. If it does it is not lighting up. I just put new battery in yesterday because i thought that was problem but it did not work....Rick

I would try the old faithfull method here. Remove all drives and cards from the motherboard(except video). Also remove ur memory chips. When you turn on the computer you should recieve a series of beeps. If that goes ok reinstall ur memory and boot again. If all is ok at this point reconnect drives one at a time checking the boot in between.

rickf28

nope cant do anything..Case light comes on and stays on and so does the monitor light. I guess im going to try the unplug and plug everything back up trick and see what happens

Remove it all and boot. If still nothing I would say the mobo went bad (hope it is under warranty).

try also your ram when ram goes bad sometimes instead of giving a contiuous beep it will do nothing but lead you right where you are

rickf28

thanks all ill post and let ya know what happens when im finished trying all this

rickf28

ok. ive unpluged everything..no beeps grinds nothing...CPU fan did run though. Pluged everything back up and still nothing. Monitor is showing no signal and i have tried with other monitors, and tried with a different video card. Im pretty sure computer is toast but i figured id give it one more shot just to be on safe side..any suggestion is greatly appreciated..Rick

You say the fans spin up for a second or 2, then stop? If so and you have a spare, I would try another power supply. You may be gettin voltage on the 12v rails but not to the motherboard.

rickf28

i have tried another power supply and same thing..Looks like i found a tuff prob. I guess ill write it off as mobo fried and get another one..Thanks for the help all

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online