1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pc boots into option screen and freezes...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by alamal, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alamal

alamal Thread Starter

I've got a HP Pavilion 7966 running XP and when I turn it on it just goes into a screen that says the following...
    We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not strt successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.
    If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose the Last Known Good Config to revert to the most recent settings that worked.
    If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power Or Reset button was pressed , or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Window Normally.
    Safe Mode
    Safe Mode with Netowrking
    Safe Mode with Comand Prompt
    Last know Good Config
    Start Windows Normally

When I chooose anyone of these it goes to the Windows splash for a few seconds as if to boot then flashes a blue screen for an instant with something on it that I can't read cuz it's over in a flash and goes right back to the screen above.

Please help me out here.
    May God bless,
    Peter

2. alamal

alamal Thread Starter

Can anyone help me out, please?

3. alamal

alamal Thread Starter

I've tried the Recovery disk but it still boots to the screen previously mentioned. Can anyone please offer some assistance?
    May God bless,
    Peter

4. alamal

alamal Thread Starter

I know you're all busy but is there anyone out there than can maybe just point me in the right direction?
    Peter

5. Tommy4024

Tommy4024

OK1 Try this...

Open your case and remove your PCI cards(modem,network,and anything else
    except your video card if there is one), you may have a conflicting device. I hope
    that this can help you. And if it does how about a donation to the Website.

Tommy4024!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!