1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC boots slower (5min) when 2nd SATA HD is attached

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Kingbeezz, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kingbeezz

Kingbeezz Thread Starter

Hello all,

My computer with XP Home SP2 boots much slower, more than 5 minutes (like as if not enough internal memory is installed and it uses the virtual memory -which is NOT the case, I have 1GB DDR installed-), when I attach a Seagate Barracuda SATA 80GB Harddisk to my pc. I have been searching the internet for more than one week now but I still didn't find what is wrong.

This is what I have done so far:
    -I have checked the harddisk with HDtune, HDDscan, Seatools, mhdd and scandisk and harddrive seems to be ok, no errors have been found.
    -I ran bootvis to do a full analysis but unfortunate I wan't able to create a text file so I used bootlogxp instead. Bootvis: without the 80GB HD attached it boots in 97 seconds (a lot of stuff still needs to load after that) and with the 80GB it needs 201 seconds.

System without 80GB: see attached file boot xp 20gig
    System with 80GB: see attached file boot xp 80gig

-I found in the logs many errors but somehow have disappeared recently, I don't get the errors anymore! (Unfortunately in dutch):

Attached Files:

2. Kingbeezz

Kingbeezz Thread Starter

Is there anybody who can help me? Thanks.

3. Kingbeezz

Kingbeezz Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/701898

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice