PC boots up once and wont after shutdown unless...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Doomsday123

Well, when I shutdown my PC it wont boot with power button so i have to turn off the back switch then turn it back on and then it boots. I have no clue why but it has been doing this for about 6 months. I usually leave my computer on for about 2 weeks at a time unless i have a problem. If someone could help me solve my problem i would be much appreciative. thanks.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Does the computer shutoff or does it still partially stay on? ie. do the fans continue to run?

This could be faulty powersupply or a Windows problem where it shutsdown but hangs before the computer is turned off.

Doomsday123

Well, when I get done with my computer sometimes i turn it off. When i shut it off it goes normaly and the computer totally shuts off including the fans. When i try to turn it back on with the power button it wont work. if i turn the back power supply switch off then back on, it boots with the power button but only once. then i have to do the whole process over again.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Trying another powersupply would be my first step.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online