PC build first boot problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

adamp_

I have just built a new PC and it wont boot up. All of the fans spin, including the components but I can't get a signal on the monitor.
The components list:
MSI 970a-g43
AMD FX-6300
ASUS gtx750ti-oc-2gd5
hyper x fury 8gb ram 1866mhz (1x only?)
corsair 430m psu
seagate barracuda 1tb hdd
samsung sh-24 optical drive

So far I have tried:
Replacing the monitor
Removing the CMOS battery
Changing the slot the RAM is in
Changing the slot the GPU is in
Checking all of the wireing
Checking the screen with my laptop hdmi

any help is appreciated

crjdriver

First of all, have you read the guide at the top of the forum for problem builds?

If you follow ALL steps of the guide, you will find the cause of your problem.

Next it appears you are using a builder series ie cx corsair pw supply. If that is the case, those are NOT recommended for anything other than a basic build ie onboard/onchip video, running office stuff, etc. Even corsair says it is for a basic build;
http://www.corsair.com/en-us/power-supply-units/cx-series
Running a cx with a real video card is asking for problems.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online