1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pc build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by esk56, May 31, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. esk56

esk56 Thread Starter

Just finished my first pc build, enermax case, msi x470 pro motherboard, samsung 970 evo ssd, amd ryzen 5 2600, 16g ddr4, and radeon rx590 graphics. Also installed my old hard drive from older pc and opticaldrive from older pc.
    Powered up, all seems to be working,connected my older but still working monitor with a new dvi cable to graphics card, monitor says no signal.
    Tried directly to motherboard same result
    Tried removing graphics card, same result
    Also checked all conections.
    Why is this happening?

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

dvi-d or dvi-i
    dvi -d sends only digital signals so if monitor is not digital it cannot see the image

That said I though the 590 had only a display port and HDMI

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    You will not get a video signal from the motherboard's video connector(s) - they only work if you have a Ryzen Cpu with built-in Graphics like the 2200G and 2400G.

Did you install Windows after moving the HDD to the new PC or just use the HDD straight away ?

4. Macboatmaster

managed
    Well spotted - missed that

5. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    (y)

6. esk56

esk56 Thread Starter

OK thank you all for your responses, i fixed the issue and here is how: apparently the viper steel 16G DDR4 memory does not get along well with my AMD Ryzen 2600 processor. i switched out to corsair brand and it immediately worked. I hope this helps others with the same issue.

7. Macboatmaster

8. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Yes, ryzen is somewhat picky regarding ram. The first gen ie 1xxx series processors and the X370 motherboards were worse for this issue. With many bios updates and the second gen processors along with updated ie X470 chipset boards, the problem is much less.
    FWIW I have used corsair LPX vengeance ram on many ryzen builds without problems; even overclocks well. XMP [extreme memory profile] does not seem to work all that well on the amd side. Very often you need to set memory speed, timings, and vdimm manually in the bios.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227945

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice