1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC building help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mt2002, Sep 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mt2002

mt2002 Thread Starter

Hey everone,

I am currently selecting different hardware devices for a new PC I plan to build.

This is the first PC that I am building, so I don't know if there is any possible problems with the current setup, so decided to post it here to see what others think.

I plan on using alot of 3d graphics with the PC, so I want it somewhat "high end".

Here is the current list:

ASUS P5K3 DELUXE/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Thermaltake TR2 W0070RUC ATX 430W Power Supply 115/230 V
    CORSAIR 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
    EVGA 256-P2-N554-AX GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card

I currently have...

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor

...And a case.

That I know of, the above should work just fine. But, as this being my first PC, I don't want to make any mistakes :)

Is there anything bad about the current configuation? Are all of these devices compatable? Are there anything I should watch out for?

I do not plan on supporting Vista yet, until theirnext service pack (or even SP2)

2. mt2002

mt2002 Thread Starter

Just in case anyone is curious, I decided to go for it, and get them off of newegg,

If there are any problems with them, I can always ship them back. I just hopw there is no problems :)

Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!