PC buzzes and shuts down playing games

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

crispysultana

Every time i’m playing a graphics intensive game, my pc makes a buzzing sound, the screen turns a single colour and it shuts down. As this happens, on my motherboard the red light goes on next to the CPU and on the VGA. then they turn off and my pc slowly restarts itself.

MY PC SPECS ARE:

cpu: amd ryzen 5 3600

motherboard: msi b450 tomahawk max

ram: corsair vengeance lpx 16gb 3000MHz

storage: seagate barracuda 3.5” 2TB

case: cooler master masterbox mb520

power supply: corsair 650 watt 80+ bronze

network adapter: tp-link AX3000 Wifi 6 Bluetooth PCIe Adapter

graphics card: asus radeon dual rx580 8gb

PLEASE HELP

crjdriver

OK, corsair makes a number of different 650W pw supplies; some very good and others not so much. Post the exact ie model# of your pw supply.
Next the noise you hear is probably coil whine from the pw supply, or motherboard, or video card. In order to figure out which, do some troubleshooting. Go to the support page for your motherboard;
MSI Global
Download and install the monitoring software ie dragon center. Post the following info; cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values. Do this twice. Once under a normal load and again while running a stress test. Post screenshots of dragon center for both conditions. Use any of the following for the stress test; prime95, OCCT, or Realbench.
In this case, OCCT would probably be best since it will test the video card and pw supply as well.

When running the different tests, see if your noise appears when running the video card test OR the pw supply test. That would point at the source of the noise.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online