1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC can not secondary IDE chanel

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dac240, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dac240

dac240 Thread Starter

I recently built a PC based on a ASUS A7A Mobo with a 266 FSB 1.2 Gig cpu.
    the PC does not see my re-writer (Secondary master) although it seems to work, but any drive on the secondary slave connection will not work at all, the BIOS does not seem to see either secondary drive, is this a hard ware problem or a bios problem?

2. thib4

thib4

make sure jumpers are set properly and maybe try another ide cable

3. dac240

dac240 Thread Starter

already on my third IDE cable and the MoBo is a "jumper free" bord, the master/slave jumpers on the back of the drives is set correctly

4. brianF

brianF

cable has to be plugged in red stripe to pin 1 on both the drives and the motherboard, sounds like it's wrong.

Bios should be set for secondary ide cdrom or autodetect on both the master and slave channels.

One device must be jumpered master and the other slave

If that still doesn't work, swap the master/slave on the drives, some won't install as master sometimes.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63348

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice