PC can not secondary IDE chanel

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dac240

I recently built a PC based on a ASUS A7A Mobo with a 266 FSB 1.2 Gig cpu.
the PC does not see my re-writer (Secondary master) although it seems to work, but any drive on the secondary slave connection will not work at all, the BIOS does not seem to see either secondary drive, is this a hard ware problem or a bios problem?

dac240

already on my third IDE cable and the MoBo is a "jumper free" bord, the master/slave jumpers on the back of the drives is set correctly

cable has to be plugged in red stripe to pin 1 on both the drives and the motherboard, sounds like it's wrong.

Bios should be set for secondary ide cdrom or autodetect on both the master and slave channels.

One device must be jumpered master and the other slave

If that still doesn't work, swap the master/slave on the drives, some won't install as master sometimes.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online