1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC can't connect to a certain wifi but my other devices can.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Lanaya, Oct 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lanaya

Lanaya Thread Starter

Hey, I'm a bit of a tech idiot so I'm in a pretty bad spot right now. The thing is, I'm trying to connect to a wifi that requires a username and password, I've used this wifi before and been using it for almost a year but then it suddenly stops working and window 10 just tells me "can't connect to this network" after I type the credentials.
    There's another thing too, the same thing happened to my Iphone at the same time and I couldn't reconnect, the simple fix I had for that was forgetting the network and then rejoining and seeing that I had to accept to something I think it was a custom profile or agreement I'm not sure but I recall getting this on windows the first time I connected so I started to think maybe they updated the agreement or something and I have to reaccept on windows, so I forgot the network and did everything but the accept certificate/profile/whatever wont show again and it's pretty frustrating.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Is this your Internet Service Provider wireless account, or is it someone else's?
    What "credentials" are you referring to that you typed?

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. Lanaya

Lanaya Thread Starter

It's a username/password that you need to log in, you usually only type them once and windows remembers them but ever since it stopped connecting I haven't been able to rejoin.

Attached Files:

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You didn't answer this question in post #2.

If your computer's wireless device is working and you have wireless service with an Internet Service Provider, a list of wireless accounts should be detected.
    You select your wireless account from the list and then enter your password to log in and connect.

What's the description of the computer you're trying to connect with?
    What Windows version is it running?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You'll probably have to ask the administrator of the network.

6. Lanaya

Lanaya Thread Starter

Yeah I'll go check in with the network admin and let you know what happens, thanks.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1197792

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice