1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC cant run 2 monitors after installing new ssd card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cal16, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Cal16

Cal16 Thread Starter

I was looking to upgrade my storage so i added a new 1tb ssd to the existing 1tb hdd and 250mb ssd. I also gave the insides a clear out with a can of compressed air. After connecting it up and putting the case back, i noticed that when i plugged in my 2 monitors, only the primary monitor was working, i switched them round and which ever is set as primary will work but the other will just flash on for a bit then cut out. The primary monitor will also flash off every few seconds if a secondary is plugged in but works fine if alone.

Both monitors were working fine before i installed the new ssd (which is working fine).

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    First thought would be a video card fault. You could try manually updating/reinstalling the video drivers. But the best test would be a swap with a known good video card and/or test that card in another PC.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228785

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice