1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC case (expansion slot) extension cable array

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GerryH, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GerryH

GerryH Banned Thread Starter

I've got (several) excellent computer cases, and a tight-fit on a PC system desk setup.

(Typical) problem is: most all the PC "connections" to it are on the "back" & on the expansion slot panel.?! (all jacks & connectors are Ind. standard)

As you've probably figured out from my long Title above - I don't know what these extension arrays are actually called. I have seen them, (usually threaded inside the PC case from the back or Mobo, to the front).

Not knowing the 'correct'omundo name for these things has made googling for'um a lot harder. What i'd like is to 'extend' the connections for (at least) all my Graphics card Audio in/out jacks - and rear USB connections up to the front of the machine (where they should be on all machines in the first place)!

Actually. Other than things like the NIC card and A/C, I'd just as soon move "all" the "user access" connectors up front, to the top, the side, where ever they would be actually "accessable" .

I'm just tired of having to stand on my head - with a flash light in hand[​IMG] - tangled in wires that i'm not looking for - i'm sure lots of you have been there :eek:.

Any ideas where I can find these things, (or a correct NAME for um)? I'll buy them individually (if i have to), or a 'harness' with all the extended connections on it would be Ok with me.

Video connections extended up front might also be nice, but, with xVGA, S-Video and a HDMI out really don't cause that much 'climbing over in the back'.

Thanks guys,

GerryH

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/857122

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice