Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PC Case Power Connector and MB Compatibility

622 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Kannan.2000 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
Below I show the respective pages for your motherboard and case. You can see that the motherboard has a HD Audio socket that should work with the HD Audio cable for the case.

The HD Audio 3.5mm socket is a single connector that combines both stereo audio and microphone.

Most laptops and phones that have a 3.5mm socket use that single connector for both audio. Desktop computers and old laptops may have separate 3.5mm audio and microphone connectors. You can use a Y-connector if needed to accommodate that.

Font Parallel Number Rectangle Diagram

Font Rectangle Parallel Pattern Monochrome

O11-Dynamic-mini

#5 · (Edited)
I checked the manual and yes, it should work fine. Your motherboard has standard connectors. The only thing I see is that your board has a reset switch or pins and the case does not. No big deal.
For the pw button, polarity does not matter however for both pw LED and HD LED, yes, they do matter. If you look very closely at the motherboard, you will see each of these labeled with a +/- Just plug them in. Polarity is also shown in the manual. It does not appear your board has a front panel usb3 connector. If you want the front panel usb3 to work, you would probably need to install a usb card OR use one of those cords that connect a usb3 port to a usb2 motherboard connector. Of course your usb3 would run at usb2 speed IF you use one of those cords.

Do not worry too much. Even if you mess up, it will not damage anything. The only thing that will happen is that whatever connection ie pw led, whatever will not work. You would just reverse the connectors and all is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.