1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pc case

Discussion in 'Games' started by rgray21, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rgray21

rgray21 Thread Starter

i have a proprietary case from gateway. i believe its a midtower. my son has been playing alot of warcraft with the pc. have an antec 480watt psu, geforce 6600gt graphics card, plenty of memory, pent 4 2.6ghz, good mobo and all that. problem is everything is really crammed into the case and sometimes he plays for hours on the weekends and i believe its overheating and after awhile freezes up. i have a couple of extra fans , one is a slot fan but the case isn't really designed for adequate ventilation for longterm gaming. are there midtower cases designed with more space or are all of them tight? should i go to a full size case? i just don't know that much about cases but i know i need more room for better air ventilation. any case suggestions would be appreciated. lioke to stay under 75.00

2. gaftop1

gaftop1

i have an antec soho case 5 case fans, air filter pull out drive bays, front firewire usb ports, never overheats. without a psu it's around 80 bucks

3. acameron

acameron

Just be carefull, like you said a proprietary case, I am not sure that the MB from the Gateway will fit into a standard case without some problems (everything lines up with the new case).....there are others here that will know. I would wait and see what they have to say on the subject.

4. iLLegaL89

iLLegaL89

cut a hole in the side panel and stick some fans in :p

5. gaftop1

gaftop1

or open the side and put a house fan blowing in

6. pooferdonkey

pooferdonkey

Ha ha. Yeah, i've tried it, but it doesn't work that well.:D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/463328

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice