Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PC Clock loses approx.12 minutes every half hour

Solved 
461 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Cookiegal 
G
#1 ·
Hey guys. I'm new to this forum, so please be kind if this has been addressed.

I'm up against a wall on this one. I have a client that has a stand alone workstation PC that isn't on a domain that keeps losing time. It can be set manually and within a half hour, the time falls back approx. 12 minutes each half hour.

Here are the steps I have taken to resolve this issue so far - without success.

1) Checked the Date & Time settings / Time Zone. - All are normal.
2) Checked the Windows Time in Services - It is set Automatic and is running.
3) Checked Time Broker in Services - Set to Automatic and Running.
4) Replaced the CMOS Battery.
4) Ran a Virus check - No Viruses found
5) Ran Malwarebytes - No Malware found
6) Ran SFC /scannow - No errors found.
7) scoured the Internet for an answer and can't find a solution.

I am thinking that there may be a hidden Script / Virus / Malware somewhere telling the PC to change the time to change.

Is there a chance I could actually create a script that would check/set the time, say every fifteen minutes? If so, what would that script be?

Any one ever hear of this? Any ideas? I am a loss for this problem.
Thanks in advance!

See less See more
G
#3 ·
I'd like to take a moment and thank all of the most intelligent people on Earth for all of the help that was provided to me in resolving this issue. Oh I might also mention that all those intelligent people consist of "me".

It turns out that the BIOS needed updating and that resolved this issue.

So, thanks again to all of you lovely people! (Me!)

#4 ·
Believe it or not there are some problems that are so unusual that no one here can solve.
You did well to fix it but the sarcasm says more about you than us, you let yourself down.

G
#5 · (Edited)
For me to be insulted sir, I would have to value your opinion, which I do not.

Let myself down? Surely you jest! You said it yourself - I FIXED IT... "alone"... without the so-called help that is supposed to be available here. Obviously, even you, the big mighty moderator, didn't even offer a solution to the question at hand.

You can't even follow your own rules. You sir, were not polite. If you want to prevent sarcasm, place it in your rules.

1614575113547.png

#6 ·
I actually read your post yesterday and also found it sarcastic and disrespectul of the site. You fixed it yourself in less than 24 hours so there was no chance for anyone here to even attempt to assist with the issue and inappropriate to admonish us for not being able to solve it.

Being sarcastic is not being polite. Your second post with further rude and disrespectful comments has earned you a 3-point warning resulting in a 24-hour temporary banning of your account. I think you should take that time to read the entire rules page and govern yourself accordingly if/when you return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.