1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC Connection to Monitor Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wildebeest, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wildebeest

wildebeest Thread Starter

My PC isn't sending any signal to my monitor. I have changed graphics cards, cables, and pci e slots. This happened once previously so I tried the age old tactic of going away for a day, and the problem was fixed. This time however, the issue seems to be more stubborn. I don't think that the monitor is the issue but I just don't know where to go from here.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

Can you test the monitor on another computer ?

3. lynx1021

lynx1021

Please provide as much detail about your computer as possible.
    Need to know the, Operating system, motherboard , is it a manufactured computer (like dell) or custom build ; ie exact MB, exact CPU, exact GPU, Monitor cable, exact ram, exact pw supply, etc. Do not post 16gig of ram; post the exact brand and mode/part# do that for ALL of your parts

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Most common cause is the cable, followed by the input selection. Since you have stated you have changed video cards, I would think it will be either the two I have stated, or the monitor itself. To rule out the monitor, try it on a different device if you can.

5. wildebeest

wildebeest Thread Starter

I cannot check the cable or monitor. Is that the only other step I could take?

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    At this point, yes. As long as you have the monitor on the correct input to the cable you are using, then the cable or monitor would be the only thing left to check.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211818

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice