PC Constantly Requires Hard Reset 5 Minutes Into Gaming

ddr4drummer

Hi there!

I've been running into this problem for a while now and haven't seemed to be able to find a fix for it. I'll load up a game, get past the menu into the game, and within the first 5 to 10 minutes my entire PC will freeze. No mouse movement. No ability opening task manager. The only option I have is to then hard reset my entire computer only to run into the same problem 10 minutes later.

Some of the games it does this with include Far Cry 3, State of Decay 2, Fallout 4, Dying Light and Borderlands 3. But other titles appear to run smoothly on max settings like The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim and Destiny 2.

I've tried updating and reinstalling all necessary drivers, reinstalling the games, cleaning my PC (Both of any potential dust and using CCleaner). I am at a loss so any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I've included my specs below to help with diagnostics.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20190829162933.000000+060
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 1 Stepping 1, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
Hard Drives: C: 111 GB (14 GB Free); F: 1023 GB (220 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME B350-PLUS, ver Rev X.0x, s/n 180220504101628
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n System Serial Number
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

ddr4drummer

I'm still fairly new to PC gaming so I had to look up ways to test if it was thermal throttling. I tried to run Cinebench on it to test the CPU and it froze a couple of seconds into the test, also requiring a hard reset.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online