Solved PC cooling Help...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joefarrell

Hello, I was just wondering if the CPU cooler I'm going to buy is actually strong enough to deal with the heat from my CPU ( which is a Intel i7-6700k ). The cooler is a, Cooler master MASTERLIQUID ML120L RGB.

Your I7 is rated at 100 watts (torture) And your cooler is 180 Watts so it should be ok, using a liquid cooler you have to make sure you have enough case fan air flow to cool the regulators and other components since you won't have a fan on your CPU.

joefarrell

Your I7 is rated at 100 watts (torture) And your cooler is 180 Watts so it should be ok, using a liquid cooler you have to make sure you have enough case fan air flow to cool the regulators and other components since you won't have a fan on your CPU.
Thanks for the advise, the case I have is a corsair spec 06 RGB and has two stock fans ( one at the front one at the rear ) ill probably add an extra one at the front and add the CPU cooler to the roof of the case as an exhaust.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online