1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC crash and dying

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bst1234, Aug 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bst1234

bst1234 Thread Starter

My laptop HP uses windows 10, recently my laptop started dieing quickly when it wasnt plugged in. It then started that when it is close to flat that it would just die with no notification that it is flat and would make a beep/click sound when it dies. It also only when plugged in the screen will brighten and dim for no reason, I have looked for adaptive brightness to see if this was a separate issue and there was no setting for this. I think these issues relate to each other as they started happen around the same time.
    I have run battery health tests and it all says the battery is healthy. I also do not feel any extreme heat on the underside of the laptop that would indicate that the Fan is broken and over heating.

If anyone knows what may be causing the issue please assist as having to have a laptop plugged in is a major hassle.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    What model HP laptop is it ? If it's a few years old you probably need a new battery.

3. bst1234

bst1234 Thread Starter

Its a HP 250 G4
    I replaced the battery at in December 2018 so I dont think its to old

4. lynx1021

lynx1021

Was it a generic replacement? Some of those don't last too long. I have a Toshiba from 2013 that still has the factory battery in it and I can still run about 90 min on it. Also that is not good to let it go dead while it is running, it can corrupt files unless it has software to make hibernate. Most recommend to recharge at 20%.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  5. bst1234

bst1234 Thread Starter

I do think it is a generic as it was a battery I bought from the shop I got my laptop from.

I do now work with the laptop plugged in but that part of my problem that It just dies without any warning or anything so I dont even know when it starts running low on power I need to constantly check to see what is the percentage

6. lynx1021

lynx1021

Did they have a warranty on it? Since you bought it local I would be asking them about it. Reminds me of when I go to the Kroger store and use the electric shopping carts (Bad Knees) The last two times I went the cart would show full charge but after about 20 min the thing would just go dead, sign of a bad battery. After bringing it to the managers attention and no solution I emailed Corporate and they said it would be fixed.

7. bst1234

bst1234 Thread Starter

There was a warrenty but it was only for 6 months, so its already passed unfortunately.
    Thanks I think Ill just have to try to replace it again

8. lynx1021

lynx1021

The part number for your battery is 4-cell, 41-Whr, 2.8-Ah Li-ion battery 807957-001 , Even buying on line I see a lot of $25 replacement cheapo knock off battery's. Make sure you get the 4 cell it will last longer than the 3 cell. Even ones on amazon that say genuine I see in the reviews people have gotten fake ones. Here is a link to buy from HP https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search...9D33E&SearchIn=PartNumber&SearchPN=807957-001

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231704

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice