1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC crash while playing games

Discussion in 'Games' started by Gilad, Oct 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gilad

Gilad Thread Starter

hey,

i upgraded cpu / mo / memory lately and since my pc crash sometimes while i play games (black screen and than pc shut down)

background info:
    i upgraded to 8700 + asus rog strix b360 h gaming
    GPU is a bit old and dosent support UEFI (gtx 670)

thanks in advance

2. bigk

bigk

Sounds like a heat related issue. Gaming is what's going to stress the components and start ramping things up. When just browsing in windows 10 it doesn't require the power. When your gaming it need to pull in more juice.

Couple of things to take note:

• Check your power supply and make sure it can supply enough power to your new hardware.
    • Check your cables in side and make sure their all connected properly.
    • Blow out any dust that has accumulated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217937

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice