Solved PC crashes after booting up

GustavoC25

PC specs
Amd Ryzen 3 3200g
Ripjaws 1x8GB 3600MHz
evga br 600w 80+ bronze atx psu
ASRock B450m-hdv r4.0
Crucial p2 500GB NVMe m.2

Problem- As soon as I turn on the computer, it tries to boot properly only to receive the BSOD. The messages I have seen appear are Memory Management, 0xc000021a, Critical process died, system service exception, and unmountable boot volume. It crashes even before it can reach the automatic repair so I can't even access that to try to fix any of the problems. Before the crash I was using discord. I don't know what I can do and could really use some help.

Couriant

James
Possibly an issue with the system, or worse case the hard drive is bad. Here is some diagnostics/commands to do: (curtosey from Microsoft forum:)

Download the installation media tool from this link on another computer and create the Windows Installation on the USB. You will need a clean 16GB USB to create the media.

After successfully downloading it, you can proceed to these troubleshooting methods. Make sure that you start your PC using the installation media by changing the boot startup to USB first, or select the USB in boot up.

Method 1 - Perform a Chkdsk.

1. Select the Repair your computer option found at the lower-left corner once you start your PC using the installation media.
  2. Choose Command Prompt.
  3. Type chkdsk /r c:, then press the Enter key from the keyboard. Note: Replace c: to the bootable drive letter you're using if it's other than c:.
  4. Select Y for Yes if you were asked regarding checking the disk the next time the system restarts.
  5. Reboot your PC. Let's keep our patience here as the chkdsk can take quiet some time.

Method 2 - Repair Master Boot Record.

1. Select the Repair your computer option found at the lower-left corner once you start your PC using the installation media.
  3. Type bootrec /fixboot, then press the Enter key from the keyboard.
  4. Reboot your PC. Your patience is also needed here.

Method 3 - Automatic Repair

2. Choose Troubleshoot, then Advanced options.
  3. Select Automatic repair, then Next.

If these methods didn't work to repair your PC, then you seem to have a bad hard drive that might need a replacement. That being said, you can check it with your manufacturer if you reach this point.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Amd Ryzen 3 3200g
Ripjaws 1x8GB 3600MHz
evga br 600w 80+ bronze atx psu
ASRock B450m-hdv r4.0
Crucial p2 500GB NVMe m.2
cpu.JPG gpu.JPG
(click each image to enlarge and view)

Why does your PC have only 8 GB of RAM?
You should add another 8 GB and run it with 16 GB.

-------------------------------------------------

GustavoC25

Possibly an issue with the system, or worse case the hard drive is bad. Here is some diagnostics/commands to do: (curtosey from Microsoft forum:)

Download the installation media tool from this link on another computer and create the Windows Installation on the USB. You will need a clean 16GB USB to create the media.

After successfully downloading it, you can proceed to these troubleshooting methods. Make sure that you start your PC using the installation media by changing the boot startup to USB first, or select the USB in boot up.

Method 1 - Perform a Chkdsk.

3. Type chkdsk /r c:, then press the Enter key from the keyboard. Note: Replace c: to the bootable drive letter you're using if it's other than c:.
  4. Select Y for Yes if you were asked regarding checking the disk the next time the system restarts.
  5. Reboot your PC. Let's keep our patience here as the chkdsk can take quiet some time.

Method 2 - Repair Master Boot Record.

3. Type bootrec /fixboot, then press the Enter key from the keyboard.
  4. Reboot your PC. Your patience is also needed here.

Method 3 - Automatic Repair

2. Choose Troubleshoot, then Advanced options.
  3. Select Automatic repair, then Next.

If these methods didn't work to repair your PC, then you seem to have a bad hard drive that might need a replacement. That being said, you can check it with your manufacturer if you reach this point.
Currently I can't test these methods. I don't own another device that runs windows. I had to get a friend to let me use his laptop to download the the Windows installation. Also the system doesn't even allow me to get past the starting windows screen. Like right after it shows the option to go to the uefi and begins to start windows, it crashes and says one of the stop codes that I have listed.

GustavoC25

Turns out the ram was faulty. I got someone to lend me an unused stick of ram and the system started working again with no problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online