1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pc Crashes and also...

Discussion in 'Games' started by jaudain, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jaudain

jaudain Thread Starter

Ok here the specs of the computer that crashes

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: MSI
    System Model: MS-6590
    BIOS: Version 07.00T
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.9GHz
    Memory: 1792MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce FX 5500
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0326&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 256.0 MB
    Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Default Monitor
    Monitor Max Res:
    Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
    Driver Version: 6.14.0011.6921 (English)
    DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 12/5/2007 02:41:00, 5773568 bytes

Ok now a while back i had a 128mb graphics card that blewup it started smoking and on the back there was a small connector that had diffused so i replaced it with a 32mb gfx card for the mean time untill i could get a new one, all of a suddon the computer started crashing (The 32mb gfx card was in at the time) on games and even on normal applications but rarely on teh applications.
    so , finally i brought a new gfx card the one shown above and at first it was fone and then within a week it started to do the same thing Please note before all of this with the 128 the computer was fine and also teh way it crashes is the computer will freeze and i can se ethe screen and everting its on but i have no respone from the keyboard or mouse etc im sure it cannot be a heat issue because ive monited teh heat for the mother board and cpu and its at a steady 35-37 if that is right?

Ok now the second thing is i have a Intel Desktop Board D925XEBC2 mother board and i have
    SAMSUNG 512 DDR2 5300U PC2 RAM x2 of them now i cannot get the hardrive to boot up but! im not sure if the ram speed is correct would that effect it because it all turns on etc but i get no power from the hdd so the screen stays blank at boot up Please note this is a totally new pc with all new parts.

I hope you take the time to read all of this coz its really important to me.

2. Cardboard Box

Cardboard Box

Hi

Last week I had that exact problem because one of my sticks of RAM conflicted with the other. Try using only one stick of RAM.

I dunno much about graphics cards but maybe its the same reason as with the RAM stuffing up on my computer. :)

3. Cardboard Box

Cardboard Box

Hi

Try putting your problem in the hardware section of the tech guy cause the dudes over there are skillful in hardware. :)

4. jaudain

jaudain Thread Starter

Hey guys thats for th info buy ive tryed the sticks but no use and also i a lil new 2 this so i asnt sure where to post it :S soz but i iwll repost in over there thaks :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702943

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice