1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pc crashes during 3d games

Discussion in 'Games' started by jashar, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jashar

jashar Thread Starter

Will a game crash if the video card gets hot? My pc will quit playing the game and go back to windows, sometimes it restarts the PC. Th PC runs a bit hot but not hot enough to crash though. The games it crashes on is MOHAA spearhead and Empire Earth, those are it, anything else runs fine like Unreal Tournament. Help if you can, Thanks in advace.

Amd Xp 1600+
    Nvidia 64 mb
    128 Mb ram
    Windows xp

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    win XP and 128Mb of memory is low - i think you will find a lot of advice to upgrade to 256MB.

what happens when it crashes - blue screen - if so report the screen contents we may find problem. If it reboots on crash -- goto control panel > system > advance > startup and recovery settings > untick auto restart

a memory test from here http://www.memtest86.com/ may be worth running

temps - what are they have a look in bios - i have a 1700+ and it runs between 50 and 58 C depending on ambient - but I have it in a cupboard with no airflow - so that should be a max temp for a PC with good airflow.

how hot is the video card
    post temps
    post details of crash in none of above

3. jashar

jashar Thread Starter

I opened the side and put a fan on the system and also updated to the latest Nvidia Driver and hasn't happened since. While playing the temp would get up to 60 to 66.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Thats the CPU temp correct, which is high
    whats the make/model of PC - did you build it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269649

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice