1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC crashes/freezes while playing games

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by deBruinn, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deBruinn

deBruinn Thread Starter

Allright, so I bought my PC about 1.5 years ago, I will post my specs at the end of my post.

When I recently bought Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, I found out about the following problem,
    When I play certain maps online, after sometimes 5 seconds and sometimes 5 minutes my screen either looses contact with my monitor(Like its shut off), or shows me alot of colored stripes vertically on the screen, and my PC now is uncontrollable.
    Also the last sound I hear'd keeps looping, sometimes slow and sometimes quick (like sort of a screeching sound)
    I cant do anything but hold the on/off button on my case.

I remember I also had this problem with Crysis, about half a year ago but it only happened once in maybe 10 hours playing so at the time I thought it had something to do with my crysis play disk (scratched) or something like that.

I made a short video about what happens and uploaded it:

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/7364162/19254185

I not sure, but I dont think its heat related becuase It also happen when I turn on my pc when I get home and play the game right away, it still crashes in 5 seconds at some maps, Also at a few other maps I can play for like 1-2 hours without anything happening.

I really hope some one can help me with this : /

My specs:

Power Supply: 650W Coolermaster
    Motherboard: ASUS P5K
    Processor: Intel Core2Duo E6750 - 2.66GhZ
    Graphics: ATI Radeon HD3750
    RAM: Nanya 2GB GDDR2_667
    HDD: Samsung 500Gb

2. deBruinn

deBruinn Thread Starter

No one? :(

3. deBruinn

deBruinn Thread Starter

4. helpful

helpful

Have you attempted to blow out the dust from your Video Card? Instructions

5. deBruinn

deBruinn Thread Starter

Yep, did that. No result :/

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918507

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice