pc crashes on shutdown, now won't turn on at all

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lbarker438

For the past few weeks my pc has been crashing on shutdown, and then restarting, but now after being away from it for a few days it won't turn on at all, I have tried shorting the psu and that seemed to work fine, I'm just not sure what to try next.

crjdriver

First of all, no one has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact cpu, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W" pw supply; post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

If by chance this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever; post the exact brand and model# If you have a service tag# post that as well.

Lbarker438

Sorry man, forgot to put then in
Corsair cx500
Radeon 7870 xd
8gb ddr3 team extreem
SanDisk 128gb ssd
1th WD hdd
Gigabyte 78LMT motherboard

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You didn't provide a description of the processor.
Radeon 7870 xd
Is that graphics card actually a
Radeon HD 7870 XT
upload_2016-8-18_10-20-22.png
or a
Radeon HD 7870
upload_2016-8-18_10-24-45.png
Corsair cx500
The Corsair "CX" series power supply is a budget model and is probably the problem.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Lbarker438

Cheers for the help lads and sorry to waste your time, turns out it was a faulty connection so I've stripped the wires and it now turns on when I press them together, thanks again, I appreciate the help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!