1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pc crashes playing fortnite

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by skimpy, Dec 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. skimpy

skimpy Thread Starter

Hey guys i have a
    Ryzen 5 1600x 4ghz
    2x4gb ddr4 2133mhz ra,
    gtx 1050 2g
    MSI B450M PRO-VDH MOBO
    450 watt psu

i tried to oc my ram cs in bios it has a memory try it option
    but after a few hours my pc started bsod
    when i play fortnite and stream at the same time my pc just freezes or
    bsod saying something went wrong

do u thing its my psu or ram???

2. phillpower2

phillpower2

Hello skimpy,

Hard to say what it is at the moment.

First thing that I suggest that you do is stop any overclocking, best way to do this is to restore the motherboards default factory settings in the BIOS, your MBs user manual will tell you how to do this, let us know if you need help with this.

Regarding the PSU,we could do with knowing the brand and model name or number of it, your GPU needs a minimum of a quality brand 300W PSU that can produce at least 27 amps on the +12V rail, some PSUs labeled as being 500W cannot produce either so we need to check that your 450W PSU is of good quality.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Did you ever test the overclock for stability? No overclock is worth anything unless it is a stable overclock.
    IMO auto overclocking is next to useless. ALL overclocking settings ie ram speed, ram voltage, cpu multi, vcore or cpu voltage, bclk feq, etc should be done manually in the bios. Then checked with either prime95 or OCCT.
    Overclocking is not an exact science; it is a LOT of trial and error.

Next, this is important. There is NO safe overclock. ALL overclocking entails some degree of risk. I have a saying "Do not overclock with parts you cannot afford to replace"
    As long as you are comfortable with the above, we can attempt to achieve a stable overclock and improve the performance of your system.

You need to list your exact specs; ie exact ram, exact pw supply, etc. Post the brand and model# of each part. In addition, list what type of heatsink fan you are using. If you are using a stock cooler, that is going to limit how much you can overclock. Using air cooling for a mild overclock is ok, however, hard overclocking usually involves water cooling.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

BTW there is a sticky at the top of the forum about overclocking ryzen. You might want to give it a read; and do understand that what works for me may or may not work for you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220851

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice