Pc crashes when on high fps

polmantol

So I have had a pc for about a year and recently I have been having a rare problem(it's not new but a lot more common), when I unlimit the fps in a game or set it to high fps (150 for example) (only games never crashes on tests) the whole pc crashes and the GPU drivers reset and crashes. I think it's weird because my pc can handle it because when I unlimit the fps even in max settings it goes to 300 fps or so(valorant). So the temporary solution is locking fps to 100 which helps but still crashes sometimes and others games(Fortnite, destiny,splitgate) are totally unplayable even locking fps on 60 or so.
Another point is that I have tried it on Linux and it doesn't crash.
Things I have tried or tried to know if it's the problem:
Updated everything.
Tried overlock and underlock of CPU and GPU
Tried every setting on Radeon drivers.
Changing drives where games are installed and windows installation
Changed ram, tweaked ram, XMP on and off, With one stick the other both in different slots.
GPU doesn't go to 100% nor CPU to simplify nothing goes to a limit on the data I have gathered temps CPU GPU ram drive...(I monitored everything happening when crashes and didn't find any difference between crashing and normal, there's a link to these data https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GeeqRYrV72NaC8x1887NZh5rprg3cv2qzZTmeaXVkyc/edit?usp=sharing)
There are some tests I did:
Idle:

Prime 95 after 10mins:

Specs:
Rx590
3300x
16Gb ram 2666(if it helps they are not exactly the same stick)
Aerocool vx plus 600w PSU
Mb aorus B450 M rev 1.x
Nvme 500gb ssd sabernet rocket Q
HDD 500gb secondary drive
Also, I don't know if it's a software, drivers or hardware problem or something completely different.
So that's all. Any ideas? If you need any more info just tell me. Thank you in advance.

Rx590
Aerocool vx plus 600w PSU
The PSU should not be used anywhere near that add on GPU, it is not even Bonze efficiency rated so is most likely throttling your GPU when it is under load, the VX Plus 600W only manages to make Tier D • Recommended only for very cheap, iGPU systems here Aerocool PSUs in general can be found at the Not Recommended Power Supply Companies and Brands info here

You need to hope that the weak PSU has not damaged your GPU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online