Pc crashes when restarted or shutdown

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Werths

Hi

p4 1.4
512mb rdram
windows me

Just recently my pc wont restart or shutdown.

explorer or anything else running crashes.

The window pops up and says "explorer ect has caused an unkown error and must close etc etc.....

When I close them down the computer crashes

Ive tried closing everything down except my system vitals but still the same happens.
Ive ran spyware and virus software, but nothing.

I can only get my pc to restart or shutdown in safe mode.

Help!!!

cheers

blues_harp28

Hi...F8 at start up..click on command prompt..type..scanreg/restore
Choose date prior to problem..not the oldest..
Let us know if that helps...

Another thing you'll want to check is to see if anything in your msconfig is corrupting your system after its starting up. Go into your msconfig file and disable everything, then reboot and see if you can get to your desktop in Normal mode, if so, go back into your msconfig file and start checking items back one at a time until you find the one that is crashing your explorer. Only check back the items that you are sure are for your system, like antivirus, printers etc... Do not check anything that has wierd file names like jtryedw.exe or anything like that as most of the time they're trojans..

Also, make sure your antivirus and antispyware programs are updated and run them in safe mode....

Hope this helps!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online