PC Crashes While Gaming

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Projectioned

So when ever I play games my PC will crash sometimes weather its 10 minutes into gaming or a couple hours, sometimes it doesn't happen. By crash I mean it just reboots its self. Its happened about 50 times and it mostly happens when I play war thunder. Other games like rainbow 6 or csgo it is less common on happening. But some games like MW or Minecraft (W/shaders), Apex legends or star wars battlefront 2 it just hasn't crashed my PC yet. Every time it crashes I check event viewer and can confirm that it is an event 6008 followed by a kernel 41 event. My pc specs are:
RTX 2080 Super Founders Edition
Ryzen 5 2600
ASRock b450m motherboard Steel Legend
Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB Ram 16gb 3200mhz
Corsair bronze 750w PSU
And this only happens with games. I watch my temperatures and they are perfectly normal.
So if anyone can help me that would be great because I have tried so many things and I just cant get anything to work.
Thank you!

Last edited:
Did this just start?
What brand GPU is that? What series is you PSU?
Have you DL'ed the GPU software to set up the GPU?
What is your RAM set at?
Do you have the latest BIOS installed?

Projectioned

This has been happening for a while now, about 6 months. Brand of GPU is Nvidia. PSU is a cxm750w from corsair. I have geforce experience which is where I download my gpu drivers from, and yes I have the latest bios

Brand of GPU is Nvidia
No....sorry but it's not. Brand would be Gigabyte, Asus, MSI, EVGA. Each company has there own software to setup their GPU's.

I have a Nvidia EVGA 1060 3GB GPU. My software is; Percesion X 1

I have geforce experience
Get rid of that, it's bloatware and not needed. Just update your driver manually.

When was the latest BIOS installed?

Projectioned

Ya so the bios the board came with the latest bios on it and I believe if I remember right is that It started A few weeks after I bulit my pc

If it's not bios related it may be a cpu or psu issue. Some games are CPU intensive while other are GPU dependent. It could be the PSU being that it's the CX Bronze series which is a entry level PSU and low end not intended for gaming.

Projectioned

Ive used cx PUS's in the past and never had issues but I dont have any extra psu's laying around sadly

Projectioned

also Ive tryed putting games on the bare minimal graphic settings and my pc will still crash

Back in the day I used to test hardware so I had that kind of stuff lying around. Now the years have gone by and my eyes are going bad.....Sadly I don't do that kind of stuff anymore.

Projectioned

Do you have any clues or ways I could test different things. I just ran a cpu stress test and no crash so thats good

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online